>> Mechanical installation went according to plan, and takes about 60
>> minutes.  There is one power pin that needs to be soldered down to a
>> pad on the RF Board to power the module.  This step take more time
>> than all the rest.
>
>This has already been added to production RF boards, but those with
>existing K3s will need to solder the pin in.

Well, #24 needed it.

>> Sensitivity is better than -125 dBm, and I think the MDS is perhaps 10
>> dB better than this figure....
>
>It's actually more like -144 dBm (500-Hz bandwidth). Maybe you were
>referring to FM sensitivity at 10 dB S+N/N? A much wider bandwidth is
>used in that case.

I was using SSB, 2.8 KHz for this measurement.  -125 is the best the
old HP8656B can do.  At that level, the signal is solid, readily
usable.  I KNOW the MDS is way down from here, but I couldn't measure
it easily.

For FM, I didn't try the measurement.  I was too busy with "fun with
distortion" finagling.  If I measure FM sensitivity, what would you
expect (er, what did you measure in the lab)?

I'll borrow an attentuator and a couple patch cables, and see where I
measure the MDS using 500 Hz BW.  Want to bet it's within spittin'
distance of -144?  :)

I can repost with these results, but I will clear them with you and/or
Eric first.  The spec sheet doesn't show MDS.

matt