I can not see any reference to noise figure in the brochure. Just MDS and FM
sensitivity with no bandwidth.

When I get mine I will measure the noise figure on a test set. It is likely
to be under 2dB and I will use a low ENR head!

I suspect like the XV144, the K144XV will need some gain reduction for use
with a masthead pre-amp. Signals at the antenna of -30 dBm are not unknown
around here resulting in milliwatts at the mixer but the time you add in 20
dB of preamp plus another 20dB of conversion gain.

I am still worried about the diode switching, 2m specific PTT outputs and
delays. I assume the usual 20mS delay option is there in the menu like all
the other bands. This is not quite long enough when you are sequencing an
amplifier and a pre-amp as there is more to switch than just the coaxial
relays. When used as an IF for microwaves it will need even longer to allow
a waveguide switch to operate but this will be mitigated by the split TX/RX
outputs and the low power 2m interface. Where does this come out?

Mike