Sorry for the misspelling in the original message. It should have
started "A fellow". He told me that a "Big Gun" would never buy a K3.
#1 due to not having 200w, #2 due to ergonomics. He basically said
that people that buy a K3 don't use it enough to not see the inherent
flaws in the layout, size etc. of the K3. He felt the 1000d was much
better. I don't own my 1000d or MkII anymore. I did buy the K3's with
some reservation as far as it being more like  my 751a as far as
bandswitching etc. But after using the K3 for over a year I have found
very few things to complain about. My Ft-2000 sure was prettier
though. Anyway I thought after being on this reflector for a long time
now that most people here were obviously pretty sharp, and use there
rigs quite a bit. I am not a contestor but I would guess those that
are have the basic requirements of a station with the antenna being
the number one concern, if not determination..
I've always found that the antenna was the most critical part of my
station. Then the transceiver as far dynamic range etc. Then power
output, in that order. What does everyone else think? I know looks to
a lot of people are #1, but I'm sure that the station I am trying to
contact really doesn't care.
Randy
K8RDD