Wes,

Thanks for the suggestion on the work-around for the restricted passband in
the CW mode on the K3. That was very thoughtful for your to spell it out in
that detail.

This is indeed the best work-around that I have found too, but not without
some awkwardness.  1- the CWT, spot, and decode features are not available
in the SSB mode. 2- the display shows the BFO frequency while in SSB mode,
then the transmit frequency when you switch to CW mode. This can get
confusing in the heat of the battle.