<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
"Although I operate almost entirely in CW my bandpass is typically set
wide open. However, this is effectively only about 2 KHz max, which is
not nearly wide enough when you want to hear what is going on around
you on the band."

I concur with this statement. I am used to using my ears as a band scope,
and the K3 with the 2 KHz bandwidth limit in the CW mode sometimes makes me
feel like I have blinders on. This limit is not present in the Data mode, so
it is hard to understand why it is necessary in CW mode.

Still a great, versatile radio, but with a curious limitation.

Dean