AUTOMATIC CW VFO OFFSET ON MODE CHANGE: Allows
> switching
>
> quickly between SSB and CW mode without either
> you or the other station
>
> having to re-tune the VFO (often done on 6 meters
> and transverter bands).
>
> First, locate CONFIG:CW WGHT and tap ‘5’ on the
> keypad until you see
>
> “VFO OFS”. From then on, when switching to CW
> mode from any other
>
> mode, the VFO will be offset by an amount equal
> to your sidetone pitch
>
> (as set using the PITCH switch in CW mode). If
> the sideband most recently
>
> used on this band is USB, the VFO will be shifted
> UP; if it was LSB, the
>
> VFO will be shifted DOWN.

Man,that's why I love this group,I have learned a lot without having to read
the book,I followed these instructions and set it up that way,no need to move
VFO knob anymore when switching from SSB to CW and also can answer any station
on SSB with CW mode and they hear me right on,thanks for the tip.

AD4C