Then listen in SSB mode.

If you use the following, it's easy enough to change mode to CW if you hear
something interesting:

* AUTOMATIC CW VFO OFFSET ON MODE CHANGE: Allows
switching

quickly between SSB and CW mode without either
you or the other station

having to re-tune the VFO (often done on 6 meters
and transverter bands).

First, locate CONFIG:CW WGHT and tap ‘5’ on the
keypad until you see

“VFO OFS”. From then on, when switching to CW
mode from any other

mode, the VFO will be offset by an amount equal
to your sidetone pitch

(as set using the PITCH switch in CW mode). If
the sideband most recently

used on this band is USB, the VFO will be shifted
UP; if it was LSB, the

VFO will be shifted DOWN.

Note: If you make frequent use of this feature,
you may want to

use CW reverse on bands where you use USB, and CW
normal

on bands where you use LSB. This results in
perfect pitch matching

when listening to a CW signal and switching from SSB
to CW.