On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:00:28 -0700, Dave Hachadorian wrote:

>The MMTTY TX tones and RX filters must be offset. Make sure AFC,
>NET, and ATC are turned off in MMTTY. Make sure the K3 PITCH
>matches the MMTTY Mark frequency.

I agree with this advice, and so does W0YK, the RTTY champion. But it
DOES require that use RIT now and then for callers who are not
exactly on your frequency.

Another piece of advice. You can choose several frequencies for the
MARK tone. I like the 915 Hz choice, because it makes RTTY easier to
tune in by ear. You need to set this two places. First, in the K3,
using the PITCH control while in digital mode. Second, you need to
set it on one of the options menu pages in MMTTY as the default for
the HAM settings.

You should study the documentation for MMTTY that describes how NET,
ATC, AFC work in MMTTY. While you CAN use the program "plug and
play," there are a lot of powerful options you can take advantage of,
so you'll get more out of it by spending some time with the doc.

Also, MMTTY has some defaults that try to turn AFC and NET on and off
depending on your operating mode. Many seasoned RTTY folks think this
is a bad idea, so you'll have to disable them. Those auto settings
are on one of the setup pages for MMTTY.

73,

Jim K9YC