I applaude any company presenting a new receiver, but it seems to have become
a very unprofitable or uncertain market. On the other hand you might say a
receiver is a step-up platform for future hams who will choose a tranceiver
with receiver brand experience.

The last Icom "ham" receiver was the R75? The last Yaesu the FRG100? The
last Kenwood the R5000? The last Drake? It's such a pity the receiver market
declined so much. Personally I listen 95 percent of the time.

I agree it would be brave and very respectable if Elecraft would present a
serious receiver based on the company's proven technology.

The good news: AOR and (ex Lowe's/AR7030) John Thorpe will be releasing a
new HF receiver soon.
And it will be one WITH knobs :-)

73'
Paul