Aaaah Bob, I was not singling you out and I do apologise if you felt
that I was. My remarks were meant only as a "General Comment" and
perhaps were not articulated well.

Regardless, I understand that compromises need to be made regarding FW
storage etc and so I leave that to the engineers at Elecraft.

My preference with the Monitor function remain, whilst it works fine
as it is, IF Elecraft feel that it is worth doing a change so that
Monitor can be selected to be ON whilst TX from the DVR and OFF when
in "Normal" TX, then I would use that setup rather than the current
way it works.

As many have previously stated, K3 users are now numbering well ove
4,000 world wide and the number is still rising rapidly so there will
be more and more "wish list" items to surface in the future and again,
this is not a bad thing.

Wayne and Eric are listening and will always decide what is best for
their products but debate is good and I certainly look forward to the
future enhancements as they become available, some I will use, many
perhaps I will not such as QRQ @ 75wpm...(Grin)...the mind is willing
but I would need some serious surgery on the Grey Matter to decode
it....(:-))

I hope the choice of Monitor ON/OFF on the DVR playback comes to pass..YMMV

My 2c...keep the change!

Gary

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:16 AM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft
<e...@elecraft.com> wrote:
> Absolutely. We always are listening. :-)
>
> 73, Eric  WA6HHQ
> ----
>
> On 6/2/2010 8:09 AM, Phil Hystad wrote:
>> I think we all need to remember that features are approved and added by
>> Elecraft,
>> not by users.  However, I bet a lot of the features that we like in the K3
>> come from
>> user suggestions or from similar sources (dialog on other forums?).
>>
>> I think that the freedom to suggest a new feature should be paramount on this
>> forum.  Of course, so should the freedom to vote "No" on a new idea.  This
>> is all
>> information that be used by Wayne and Eric in choosing things that might be
>> included someday.
>>

>> 73, phil, K7PEH
>> P.S. A programmer for 45 years

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
http://www.qsl.net/vk4fd/
K3 #679
For everything else there's Mastercard!!!