I’ve trying to create a kind of runner for a set of components, where each
component runs on a separate node, and each component is an independent
application.

I’ve stolen code from the swarm cluster tests, and I’m successfully
creating nodes which seem to contain the Elixir runtime.

As I initialize each node, I make it File.cd into the application’s
directory.

However, inside the node, it can’t find the mix.exs file, and so I can’t
load the app and its dependencies.

Here we are after doing a user switch into the slave node:

iex(wombat@127.0.0.1)5> *ls*
.git           .gitignore     README.md      _build         assets
config
deps           lib            *mix.exs*        mix.lock       test
iex(wombat@127.0.0.1)6> *Mix.Project.get*
nil

It feels like I’m making this too difficult: there must be an easier way to
kick off applications. If not, any ideas on my directory issue?

Cheers

Dave
​