On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 4:25:36 PM UTC-6, José Valim wrote:

> We also do a similar setup in firenest test suite:
> https://github.com/phoenixframework/firenest/blob/master/test/shared/test.ex

I'm trying not to use a boot loader: the assumption is that the code for
the spawned node is not available within the spawning node.

That's why I was trying to get to mix: when I try to do an
`ensure_all_started` on the spawned app, I get `Dictionary.app` not found,
so I was assuming mix does something groovy to set up paths.

I theory I've cloned the code path from the main app, but replaced its bin
and ebin with the spawned apps versions.

I'll carry on digging.

Thanks

Dave