Have you tried simply running `Application.load(:app)` or
`Application.ensure_all_started(:app)`? That should work. If not, it
probably means the code path is not configured correctly and you'll need to
make sure the code starting the nodes passes in `-pa
_build/<env>/lib/*/ebin`. As for why the Mix project isn't loaded, I
suspect that has to do with the fact that Mix is being bypassed during
startup, and so whatever it does internally isn't happening - that's fine,
and expected in this context, but I'm not sure if there is a sane way to
initialize Mix post-start. The way releases boot is very similar, and
applications are explicitly loaded/started in dependency order after the VM
is initialized.

Paul