On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Rasmus <ras...@gmx.us> wrote:

> Aaron Ecay <aarone...@gmail.com> writes:
>

> > It’s unfortunate, but pandoc has the most easily adaptable CSL
> > implementation for our use case, as far as I can see.  The other
> > contender is Zotero (in JS, possibly with XUL-specific bits).  It would
> > be good if somebody looked at what it would take for us to use Zotero’s
> > implementation, just as Richard did for Pandoc.
>
> Indeed.  I guess this is what they use:
>
>          https://github.com/zotero/citeproc-node
>
> It also looks rather complex...

FWIW, I just tried installing this on my Arch system, but it doesn't work
with node 0.12, and I am currently unable to switch to io.js due to
dependencies of several other projects. I guess tools like NVM can help
with this situation, but I worry that node is currently a moving target and
might lead to lots of platform-dependent buggy behaviour.

Though I have also personally had many problems with pandoc and haskell on
this same arch linux laptop, so it could be that I just suck at system
maintenance.