Hello all,

On Wed, May 9, 2018, 8:01 AM Diego Zamboni <di...@zzamboni.org> wrote:

> I really don't see the point of trying to localize org keywords. To me,
> they are like the keywords in any programming language - part of the
> language. Would you consider translating C or LISP keywords?
>
> In addition to the trouble of supporting something like this within Emacs,
> think of the growing ecosystem of tools which support org mode - they would
> all need to be aware of these localizations. It would be a nightmare to
> maintain.

So much +1 on that! Supporting multi-language keywords will make it
difficult for 3rd party Org parsers to adopt them too, resulting in even
lesser Org adoption.

I like Nicolas' idea where display properties are used to replace the
English keywords with the translation; that way the actual Org source
remains untouched.

> --

Kaushal Modi