On 04/14/2015 05:46 PM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 14 April 2015 at 23:26, TJoseph Powderly <tjt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> yes, seems true.
>> i hope your view of the time sale for reversals is
>> at most millisecs. the immediate velocity has nothing to do with the
>> previous, there is no velocity smoothing.
>
> I remain confused by this.
> If adaptive feed went from +1 on one servo cycle to -1 on the next
> servo cycle I would expect the axis acceleration constraints to be
> obeyed, as to do otherwise surely risks following errors?
>
> Are you saying that wire EDM machines ignore the axis acceleration
> limits and just hope for the best?

im confused too
do you mean 1 smallest unit of motion
where acc doesnt really mean much anyway
(eg  acceleration when moving 1 micron )
and
the system was not moving at any feedrate to speak of already.

if the position change were 1mm
id not think it meant much jerk

and if 1 inch ok too big a jerk

and neither 1mm nor 1inch is achieved by any edm i've seen
inside a single servo cycle ( say 40mS )

humorous sidenote:
there is an app note from heidenhain where the engr complained
it ignored acc limits. so it does happen
he was not replied to, even funnier

i'd say the position change requested in 1 servo cycle is tiny
and
the change in velocity achievable in 1 servo time slot is tiny

oh and yes they do monitor following error
based on acc and velocity
and present position (Aktual) vs requested (Kommand)
but thats just one implementation

oh and i dont speak much of wedm
the edm process is the same
the imp[lementation is different.
still would never move more than a few microns in
an servo period.

my 2c
tomp tjtr33