I propose that we vote the following items at the next IRC meeting
(Saturday, June 25, 2016-06-25T1600Z):

That we
 * Thank all developers who have contributed to the joints-axes project,
   but particularly Dewey Garrett, Michael Geszkiewicz, Alex Joni, and
   Andy Pugh for their major contributions
 * Rebase and then merge the most current "joints-axes" branch to the
   linuxcnc.org master branch
 * Recommend to developers and to release manager Moses McKnight
   to shift the emphasis of master branch development to stability
   rather than new features, so that we can release "2.7+1" with JA
   features sooner rather than later

We haven't held an IRC meeting for quite some time, so if you are
unfamiliar with the process (I am!) you can read about it on our wiki:
    http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingsOnIRC
The next step is to discuss the merits of the proposal in this mailing
list prior to the IRC meeting and vote.

If you are unfamiliar with "joints-axes", it is a project to improve how
LinuxCNC handles machines which do not have a simple 1-to-1
correspondence between motors and axis letters.  For example, a gantry
with 2 motors on the "Y" axis works much better with the new features
that "joints-axes" adds: you can jog any axis incrementally, and apply
soft limits to axes.  Users of more exotic machines like the "linear
delta" will also see improvements.

Documentation for this branch is online, particularly conversion
instructions for .ini and .hal files:

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/ja/html/getting-started/updating-linuxcnc.html#_hal_changes_updates_for_joints_axes

If you are aware of regressions in the joints-axes branch, I encourage
you to document them with github issues as soon as possible, and request
that we tag them with the (just added) joints-axes label so we can track
them.

Jeff