Hi all,

I'm J-P working for the REDS institute (Reconfigurable  & Embedded Digital
Systems) from the HEIG-VD (School of Management and Engineering Vaud),
Switzerland.

I started a project with LinuxCNC. As initial ramp-up with the src code, I try
to integrate the support for Beckhoff EL2252 digital outputs (EtherCAT module,
using LCEC HAL module).

After some experiments, I found that RTAPI (rtapi_get_time) or RTAI
(rt_get_time() timer related functions are not working on my setup: they return
a constant value. I checked if the RT Timer was started (using RTAPI and RTAI
functions), all seems OK.

Most probably, the configuration of the used HW timer is not correct.

Didi you already have this kind of issue ? Did you have any hints on how to fix
it ?

Setup:

  *   LinuxCNC 2.7.13 install from the live CD
  *   machine: Linux A23PC05-linuxCNC 3.4-9-rtai-686-pae #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian
3.4.55-4linuxcnc i686 GNU/Linux

Many thanks for your help
J-P