On Dienstag, 14. Juli 2020, 17:31:20 CEST Chris Morley wrote:
> I don't understand your hostility.

Yes, I'm not smart enuf :(

Last weeks I worked hard on linuxcnc and the deeper I dig, the more upset I
get. Such a great project and nobody cares about quality ...
That makes me mad.

... and when I see such things like the homing maze ...
That was too much

> I didn't create the homing routine but it seems reasonable to me.

Well, I'm not as good a you

> but it also allows one to set the origin anywhere and adds an optional move
> after 'reference'

but why call that point "home-position"?

In my understanding, "home-position" is a machine internal and there is no
place for interpretations or user wishes. "home-position" is machine origin.

> Also G28/30 move to origin by default so having origin somewhere particular
> may be useful.

Support lazyness?
You're kidding!

Just need to save the parameters for G28 and it works the same.
So make things complicated for SOME users, that don't like to store a
location? And all other users have to accept the complicated behaviour?
Well done!

That's like one person does not like the sunset and it stops earth rotation -
all other beings have to accept the wish of this single person :/