Subject: Re: ANSI C63.4-- OATS construction issues
Author:  "lfresea...@aol.com" [SMTP:lfresea...@aol.com] at IMS
Date:    11-12-98 10:03 PM

Chaps,

I recall an interesting paper where the ground plane edge did not end
abruptly, but was shaped with what looked like petals. The work was also
stretched to cover dish antennas etc. For some reason the idea came from
Georgia springs to mind.

The paper claimed better performance from a smaller plane, especially when
elevated above ground level.

Alas, I can't recall where I read this...... Can someone else?

Best regards,

Derek.