Hi, all

You are absolutely right about correlation issues at 3 m/10 m, which arise
predominantly from near field effects/ mutual coupling which is best
demarcated from the far field by the equation 2*D*exp 2/lambada. Depending
on the size of the object under test, the 3/10 m correlation, particularly
in the frequency range say  30-100MHz could be out by as much as 5-6 dB
(Remember the Mutual Impedance Correction Factors in Table G4 of CISPR 16-1,
they were supposed to fix Site Attenuation defects at 3 metres !!). A
baseline with some of the less complex artifacts would provide some
assistance.

Pauls Cook is right in saying that both E and H fields ought to be measured
and mutual coupling effects between loop  and object under test be
accounted.(ie. the effect of the measurement transducer on the EUT)

I have recently been quite puzzled by CISPR 11: 1992,  when they quoted that
below 30MHz the quasi-peak limits refer to the magnetic component of
electromagnetic radiation. Contrary to this the limits are specified in
dBuV/m instead of dBuA/m (Group 2 Class A, Table 5)!! Now, Because of the
frequencies, test object sizes and test distance lengths involved I cannot
invoke the golden 120*pi rule and make the conversion. But, is this what is
expected of a test house?

Also, ITE frequencies have shot past 500MHz, is an equivalent CISPR 22
frequency upgrade in the pipeline?

Arun Kaore
EMC Engineer

ADI Limited