It was 20 years ago, and now I live in a house without central heating and
cable TV , so I can not reproduct that effect.

But I remember for sure that the distortion similar to that which you get
from spark plugs of internal combustion engines, about half a TV scan line
long and repeating itself  about every 3 to 5 scan lines.