Lou,

It is impressive and my boss Doug Smith uses it during
some of his seminars. I have tried hitting the coins
in the bag with a hammer several times very near the
antenna - nothing.  I even smacked two big screwdrivers
together on the metal near the antenna for several
minutes - nothing.

The piezoelectric effect is an interesting note, and I'll
have to do more digging around about it.  But for now,
I not sure it is the mechanism.

Whatever the mechanism, it is an elusive little bugger.

And thanks about the info on the front end of an SA.

Doug McKean