Dear Lothar:

        I absolutely agree with the approach that you advocate,
and indeed took that approach.  This is what I learned.

        VCA North America is competent to issue the certificate,
and they work with and accept the test results of an
already-approved laboratory that is in Michigan.

        The approval authority *is* VCA North America, which is a
North American located firm related to VCA in the UK.

        VCA North America is open to witnessing testing in other
laboratories as well, and I have the impression that any
laboratory that is well operated and well documented will be
found acceptable with little ado.

Regards,
Chuck Seyboldt
http://www.walaw.com