From: Chuck Seyboldt [mailto:cbo...@nlis.net]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 9:24 AM
To: IEEE EMC/Product Safety (E-mail); Lothar Schmidt
Cc: 'Ned Devine'
Subject: RE: Automotive EMC Directive

Dear Ned (and group):

        There are laboratories in the US that perform this
testing.  I would like to thank John Allen for his message from
June of this year, where he pointed out VCA North America.  I
have spoken with this company - they do not perform the test,
they witness it and issue the certificate.  They work with a test
laboratory in Michigan, and are willing to witness testing in
other laboratories after they satisfy themselves that the lab is
appropriately operated and maintained.

http://www.vca.gov.uk

VCA North America
Livonia, Michigan
734 455-6352

Regards,
Chuck Seyboldt

At 10:00 (-0700) on 00.10.19, Lothar Schmidt wrote:

> I think there is no lab in the US.
>
> You have to carefull which lab you choose.
>
> Reason:
> The labs are accredeted by the national authorities and at this time the
> national authorities only accept tests form lab they accredited.
>
> In practice if you use an accredeted Lab in Germany (e.g) CETECOM ICT
> Services in Saarbruecken http:www.cetecom.de) you have to use the
Kraftfahrt