Hi,

I have been volunteered to research the Automotive EMC Directive.  What I
have found so far is,

-       The directive is 95/54/EC which is an amendment to 72/245/EEC.

-       The directive is an "old approach" and has all of the necessary test
procedures and methods in the directive.

-       Self declaration is not allowed.  You need a "technical service" to
approve your unit.

-       The mark is the "e" mark and not the CE marking.

-       The effective date is 01 October 2002.

-       The tests listed in the directive are radiated broadband emissions,
radiated narrowband emissions and radiated immunity.

The questions I have are.

-       Is what I have above correct?

-       How do I get a copy of the directive(s)?

-       Does anyone have a list of the "technical services", or know where I
can get one?

-       Does anyone have a sample of the "e" mark, or know where I can get
one?

-       Are there any labs in the USA that do this type of testing?

Thanks

Ned Devine
Entela, Inc.
3033 Madison Ave. S.E.