Hi Ed:

>   Great description of your test technique. BTW, I would think that the
>   temperature of the oil in the ladle should be specified, as this seems to be
>   a critical variable.

The temperature of the oil is established by the
1-minute burn period (in the ladle) BEFORE the oil
is poured on the openings.

This assumes that you heat the oil just enough to
ignite, and no more.  That is why, in my description,
I said to heat the oil and continuously attempt to
ignite the oil.  I believe the oil ignites and burns
at something like 55 C.  So, it doesn't take much
pre-heating to ignite the oil.

After it is ignited, the procedure calls for the oil
to burn (in the ladle) for one minute before pouring
the oil onto the hole pattern.

Best regards,
Rich