Hi Brent

I have experienced this problem too.  As far as I know, if you want to
change a part that is listed in a CB Test Report, you have to have the
report changed by the issuing agency.  Alternate equivalent parts are not
allowed (as per UL or CSA reports).  I have been told that the only way to
overcome this for free is to list alternate parts in the initial report -
not much good if you want to change an obsolete part for a new part that
wasn't available at the time of testing.

This is a problem with the CB Scheme not particular agencies, although some
agencies will charge more than others for amending test reports.

In a previous life I used to allow minor component changes without amending
the CB Report eg change from Littelfuse to Bussman fuses.  I never had a
problem with any countries' safety authority refusing entry of a shipment.
Changing a disc drive would probably cause a problem though.

Regards

Chris Colgan
EMC & Safety
TAG McLaren Audio Ltd