Hello wise colleagues -

Just recently, we have decided to add some alternate components to one of
our CB Reports and was informed by a particular agency that we needed to
have a new CB Report issued since we already have 3 updates to the existing
report.

In the past, we were able to add an alternate plastic to the CB report and
just pay for an addendum (few thousand...I know, I am already getting ripped
off).  But, now to add an alternate component and pay for a full CB Report
and Certificate?!  That does not make sense.  After talking to the project
engineer, he indicated that this is the direction of his organization and
this interpretation will be implemented across the board with all member
agencies.  We only have a few products with few changes.  I would hate to
work for a computer manufacturer who changes the disk drive manufacturer and
model numbers like it was last month's model.  Oh yeah, it was last month's
model.

All I know is that this change in policy will push me well over budget this
year.  Without turning this into a bashing session of any particular agency,
can anyone direct me to an agency that has a more relaxed interpretation of
the "CB Update" requirement?

Thank you very much for your time and your expert advice.

Best Regards,
Brent Taira