From: Gordon,Ian [mailto:ian.gor...@edwards.boc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 4:57 AM
To: 'IEEE EMC & SAFETY PSTC'
Subject: CE MARKING A SYSTEM

Can anyone advise the course of action in applying a CE mark as regards EMC
to a system some of whose component parts are not built by us and whose D of
C's claim light industrial immunity. However, the system has been running in
very harsh environments e.g. plasma etch applications at customer sites and
we wish to claim industrial level immunity for the system. The system is
obviously "fit for purpose" in the intended environment.
We have performed radiated testing to this level on the whole system.
Unfortunately if we surge test these "light industrial" components which
form part of the system we are certain they will fail at the appropriate
levels. One component is an "industrial" PC.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what action to take to allow us to
apply the CE mark and claim industrial immunity?

Thanks
Ian Gordon

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for
the presence of known computer viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre. However, it is still recommended that you use
local virus scanning software to monitor for the presence of viruses.

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/