Greetings,

We are a manufacturer of Laboratory Equipment.  We evaluate our products to
UL 3101-1, CSA 1010.0 and EN 61010.  When we repair a product in the field,
which may include replacing power supplies, line filters, etc., what
obligations do we have to verify continuing compliance with the safety
specifications we originally evaluated our products against?  Do we need to
perform applicable safety testing following these repairs?

Traditionally, NRTL's are not concerned with the product once it leaves the
factory.  They do not require follow-up testing to be performed after
repairs are made in the field.  Since we self-certify to the LVD, should we
take a different approach to repairs in the field compared to the approach
NRTL's take?

Does your company have a specific process that is followed when repairs are
made in the field to verify continuing compliance?  If so, what is that
process?

All responses are appreciated.

Regards

Joe Martin