From: <am...@westin-emission.no>
To: <emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org>
Subject: SV: ITE Class A vs B Emissions
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:29:30 +0100

From chapter 4.1 in CISPR 22:1997: "Class B ITE is intended primarily for
use in the domestic environment and my include: - equipment with no fixed
place of use; for example, portable equipment powered by built-in
batteries; - telecommunication terminal equipment powered by a
telecommunication network; - personal computers and auxiliary connected
equipment"

From chapter 4.2 in CISPR 22:1997: "Class A ITE is a category of all other
ITE which satisfies the class A ITE limits but no the class B ITE limits.
Such equipment should not be restricted in its sale but the following
warning shall be included in the instructions for use:
WARNING - This is a class A product. In a domestic environment this product
may cause radio interference in which case the user may be required to take
adequate measures".

So, you have the possibility to go for Class A. But I also recall that may
test laboratories / notified body classifies class A as a heavy industrial
environment. Business/office environment are often classified as
residential, commercial and light industrial and therefore class B.

Amund