Yes I am in the US so clearly I must have been mistaken.  Seriously, when
that business started in 1989 there were relatively few PCs in use there.
"PC cubes" were  scattered throughout the building that people could use on
an as-needed basis.  By 1995, every engineer's cube had a PC running all day
long.  It would have been interesting, in retrospect, to have taken line
voltage oscillographs at representative locations as the PC density
increased.