I haven't been following this thread closely, so if the following has
already been addressed, I apologize.  I noticed this several years ago at
the office building I worked in at the time.  My cube moved from one end of
the building to another, and my computer wouldn't always start - it took
several tries.  I brought in a scope, and saw that the ac voltage waveform
was flattened.  It was more flattened at my new cube than at my old one.
Clearly this is related to power supplies recharging filter caps at the peak
of the ac waveform, and the relative distance from the building main breaker
at the two different cubes.  This is a power/crest factor issue, not
directly a harmonic issue, although drawing current only near the peak of
the waveform will definitely generate harmonics.