You are making the same argument Mr. Woodgate did, but adding another
mechanism for creating the rf emission.  Note that I did not offer an
explanation of the source of an rf emission, I simply postulated its
existence.  Then I stated my point of departure from Mr. Woodgate's
analysis, which was that even given an rf emission, I didn't believe that
would be sufficient to interfere with a wired handset on a land line.

Mr. Woodgate subsequently humorously commented regarding my assertion (that
this would be a more credible problem if the handset were a cordless link).
And his comment was right on target.  If that actually was the case, and it
was not mentioned in the original posting, then Mr. Wan Juang Foo deserves
50 lashings with a wet noodle, or the proper cyberspace equivalent.

The underlying point I was making was that it is not enough to have an rf
emission, you have to have a victim sensitive enough to pick it up and
respond.  An rf emission even 30 dB over the limit should not cause problems
except at a radio's tuned frequency, or to very sensitive instrumentation,
such as you might have monitoring brain waves during surgery.  And that last
assumes an unintentional demodulation capability.