In message <002201cdc508$a3e81a80$ebb84f80$@globalnorm.de>, dated Sat, 17 Nov 2012, Michael Loerzer <loerzer_mob...@globalnorm.de> writes:

Comments from some manufacturers: too much work (costs time and money)...

They are just being stupid. The cost and time are utterly trivial. How much more time and money does a rejection of the DoC and the impounding of the shipment cost?

I also RECOMMEND to state the whole reference including the title but some of my customers (managing directors...) ask me: is that LEGAL required?

What you are asking for is the legal interpretation of the word 'references'. Ask 10 lawyers and you will get 10 different opinions, none definitive and all very costly. Until the meaning is tested in a court (or maybe a succession of appeal courts), no-one knows for certain.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk
The longer it takes to make a point, the more obtuse it proves to be.

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion
list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>