发件人: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
发送时间: 2013年9月11日 22:50
收件人: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
主题: Re: [PSES] question on clause 6.3 and 1.4.11 of IEC60950-1

In message
<7d25799235e00f4c9b04eca410c1c5bf8f0ba...@szxema502-mbx.china.huawei.com>
, dated Wed, 11 Sep 2013, "Zhangguoqing (A)" <zhangguoq...@huawei.com>
writes:

>6.3 Protection of the telecommunication wiring system from overheating
>Equipment intended to provide power over the telecommunication wiring
>system to remote equipment shall limit the output current to a value
>that does not cause damage to the telecommunication wiring system, due
>to overheating, under any external load condition. The maximum
>continuous current from equipment shall not exceed a current limit that
>is suitable for the minimum wire gauge specified in the equipment
>installation instructions. The current limit is 1,3 A if such wiring is
>not specified. NOTE 2 The minimum wire diameter normally used in
>telecommunication wiring is 0,4 mm, for which the maximum continuous
>current for a multipair cable is 1,3 A.
>
>1.4.11 Power from a telecommunication network
>For the purpose of this standard, the power available from a
>TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK is considered to be limited to 15 VA.
>
>My question is , if a equipment intends to provide power over the
>telecommunication wiring system, the current and the power should be
>controlled at the same time?  or, only the current should be controlled?

1.4.11 is not a requirement, it is an assumption. Why it is stated, and
why it is included under General conditions for tests are questions that
the authors of the text should address.

Unless a 'creative' interpretation of 1.4.11 indicates otherwise, I
suggest that 1.4.11 has no effect on 6.3 and you need to limit only the
current.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk
If dictionaries were correct, we would only need one, because they would all

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>