Zhang Guoqing  -

I'm not sure where to begin to respond to the below, so I'll limit my

1) §1.4.11 is in §1.4, General conditions for test, and presents an
assumption about the nature of telecommunications networks in general.
"For the purposes of this standard," is not intended to provide a
reference requirement to other standards or to place a specific
requirement on the output of a TNV circuit.

2) ETSI and other standards are welcome to reference 60950-1, but this
does not always equate to a perfect mapping of 60950-1 into those other
standards.

3) The maximum current a circuit is capable of delivering is not
necessarily (and typically is not) into a load identical to the Norton
equivalent output impedance of the source circuit.

4)  TNV circuits output characteristics are evaluated in §2.3.

5) I was a member of the Canada/US BiNational Working Group (BNWG) when
the requirement in §6.3 was developed and had input into TC 74 through
the TC 74 Chair, who was also a member of the BNWG.  The same is true for
§1.4.11.

6) If you're interested in further reading, consider UL 1863, which was
one of the references used to develop the 1.3 A limit.

Regards,

Peter Tarver

contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, use, copy, disclose or distribute this message.
If you received this message in error, please contact the sender by reply email