Dear Zhang,

As fair as I know, there are many old twisted pair wirings around the world
without standardized cross-sectional are. Therefore they checked it and set
maximum limit from central office to 1.3A. However on the subscriber side you
will never get more than few 10mA (usually 20-40mA). This is enough for
analogue telephone to operate. Therefore you will never exceed 15W on
subscriber side.

To summarize, limit of 1.3A is applicable for CO equipment, and limit 15VA for
subscriber units (analogue or ISDN phones, modems etc).

Please consider this is not applicable for Power over Ethernet. This is local
network and not for public telecommunication network.

Best regards,
Bostjan