From: Kunde, Brian
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:52 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Reply To: Kunde, Brian
Subject: Re: [PSES] Using an IEC60950 power supply to power an EN61010
equipment

I know this doesn’t answer your questions specifically, but thought they may be helpful.

The Other Brian

EN 61010-1:2010 section 1.1.3 says,

NOTE Computing devices and similar equipment within the scope of IEC 60950 and conforming to its requirements are considered to be suitable for use with equipment within the scope of this standard. However, some of the requirements of IEC 60950 for resistance to moisture and liquids are less stringent than those in this standard (see 5.4.4 second paragraph).

Section 5.4.4 says,

If equipment conforming to IEC 60950 is used with equipment conforming to this standard, and if there is a HAZARD due to moisture or liquids, the instructions for use shall specify any additional precautions necessary.

Also, read section 14 regarding the use of components and subassemblies “such as power supplies”…