Mr. Robinson,

Nothing said necessarily represents the opinions or policies of my employer(s).

Agree with Doug Powell's comments.

Methinks this is a bit more of an internal policy for the NCB/NRTL than what
has been specified by regulation or standards.  The conformity assessment
bodies where my employers have been subject to an 'agency client data' program
all have evaluated the company lab's test equipment, associated calibration
program, and the lab's measurement uncertainty calculations. All of my lab
accreditations indicated each particular test where data can be accepted,
described the authorized test equipment, and listed the authorized signatories
for the TRF; but only three of the five accreditations of my employers' labs
indicated the uncertainty for each type of measurement.

Some NRTLs do measurement uncertainty via an "Calibration Certificate
Analysis", where the calibration people must provide uncertainty on  the issued
cal cert.

Repeatability of component temperature measurements for power supplies, is
difficult and can be problematic, and is oft done poorly by the NRTL. Few
technicians understand the physics of the Seebeck effect, and fewer understand
component performance and function for modern power conversion equipment that
would affect thermocouple performance. During previous 18 to 20 years, have
seen only two particular instances of an NRTL lab doing the heating test where
the data was both repeatable (error band coincident with uncertainty) and the
test conditions were correct (this is out of over 20 visits to various labs on
behalf of clients).

R/S,
Brian