PPS: the Chinese general to whom I referred was Sun Zu – “google” that if you
want to find out more.

From: john Allen [mailto:john_e_al...@blueyonder.co.uk]
Sent: 14 November 2016 22:20
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Paper Manuals?

PS: that the quoted  “know thine enemy”  phrase was a paraphrase of the
(reputed, but very historical ) statement from the Chinese General from his
book/manuscript that  “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not
fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy,
for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the
enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Different context, but essentially the same as my post about how to deal with
the situation outlined in the OP’s original post,

John E Allen

W.London, UK