From: John Woodgate [mailto:jmw1...@btinternet.com]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2017 3:32 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Thermal equilibrium - 10% rule

Standards can't necessarily cover every possibility. For cyclical effects, I
would say that conditions are stable if two successive temperature maxima are
equal (within a reasonable tolerance). This doesn't necessarily work if more
than one cycle frequency is involved, in which case you have to look for the
repetition of the whole sequence, which might take a long time.

For example, a 10 minute cycle and a 12 minute cycle give a sequence that
repeats every 60 minutes.

If you are lucky.

With best wishes DESIGN IT IN! OOO – Own Opinions Only
www.jmwa.demon.co.uk J M Woodgate and Associates Rayleigh England

Sylvae in aeternum manent.