Von: Regan Arndt <reganar...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2018 00:34
An: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Betreff: [PSES] CE non-conformity statistics

Greetings fellow members,

Out of curiosity, has anyone been privy to any recent EU statistics for those
manufacturers who have been subjected to customs investigations pertaining to
CE marking, penalties, sales bans, etc. due to, not only selling an unsafe
product but, having no CE marking on product, no DoC, insufficient technical
files, non-compliance to the directives, etc?
The only thing I can find on the web that has something close is from Yvonne
Halpaus of QNET, LLC where she recently published a guide on CE marking in
2015. An excerpt is below:
Findings in earlier reports show that 37,600 items of equipment tested in
Switzerland showed 1,100 cases of CE Conformity problems. Of 3,962 items that
were subjected to rigorous measurements, a high proportion of the devices were
found defective (976 altogether) and that none of these met the EMC specified
requirements.
In 23 cases a sales ban was imposed and legal proceedings were launched. Two
other Member States also revealed problems when testing against the EMC &
Machinery Directive: 33% failed the EMC tests, 47% did not meet the Machinery
Directive formal rules and 89% had technical non-conformities.
These negative findings were not the result of regular surveillance mechanisms,
58% was based on examinations triggered by accidents, 33.3% following
inspection of equipment installation, 8.5% based on complaints from competing
manufacturers and 0.2% following visits to trade fairs.

 Thanks for sharing any information you have. I'm wanting to update my CE
marking training slides with some good solid facts.
 Regan Arndt

<emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <sdoug...@ieee.org<mailto:sdoug...@ieee.org>>
Mike Cantwell <mcantw...@ieee.org<mailto:mcantw...@ieee.org>>

For policy questions, send mail to:
Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org<mailto:j.bac...@ieee.org>>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com<mailto:dhe...@gmail.com>>

________________________________

WILO SE
Nortkirchenstrasse 100, 44263 Dortmund
Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 21356
www.wilo.com

Vorstand/Executive Board:
Oliver Hermes (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Georg Weber, Mathias Weyers
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Prof. Dr. Norbert Wieselhuber

Dieses Dokument ist vertraulich zu behandeln. Die Weitergabe sowie
Vervielfaeltigung, Verwertung und Mitteilung seines Inhalts ist nur mit unserer
ausdruecklichen Genehmigung gestattet. Alle Rechte vorbehalten, insbesondere
fuer den Fall der Schutzrechtsanmeldung.
This document has to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be
passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our expressed permission.
All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

Datenschutz ist uns wichtig! Daher gehen wir sorgsam mit Ihren Daten um.
Näheres finden Sie in unseren
Datenschutzhinweisen<https://wilo.com/de/de/Wilo-Deutschland/Datenschutzhinweise.html>.
 Sollten Sie keinen Kontakt mehr mit uns wünschen, wenden Sie sich bitte an
datensch...@wilo.com<mailto:datensch...@wilo.com>.
Data Protection is important to us! Therefore we handle your data carefully.
Please find the details in our Note on Data
Protection<https://wilo.com/de/de/Note-on-data-protection.html>. If you do not
wish to stay in touch with us anymore, please write to
data-priv...@wilo.com<mailto:data-priv...@wilo.com>.