Dave Engvall wrote:
> If anyone wants to etch a disc I can probably find an 30 mL or so of
> KPR.

KPR is abominable to work with.  I have DuPont Riston dry film
photoresist.  I have laminated it onto .005" and .003" brass
shim stock with my dry film laminator machine.  It has heated
Silicone-coated rollers that press the film onto the substrate.
  I have to shim the bottom side with cardboard as the machine
was set for .062" PC board material.

I make two mirror-image films on my photoplotter and align them
on a light box before wrapping them around the laminated shim
stock, then expose, develop and etch like a PC board.  I still
get some undercutting, my ferric chloride may be worn out.

I've been using this to make solder paste stencils for SMT
circuit boards, but one could make an encoder with similar
technology.

Jon