Kirk,

You pointed me in the right direction. With siggen and scale, I was able
to produce a frequency from the spindle control. I posted the mill.ini and
mill.hal on http://users.skynet.be/gedp/FILES/index.html.

The signal isn't very stable because I had to put it in the servo-thread
(probably needed because of the floating point) and the original 1msec
period of this on 400Hz is on the low side.

Next problem: the analog voltage on the C11 board doesn't go to the max
input voltage. I measured the voltage across the sherline potentiometer
and it is 9.2 volts. With the bench supply set to 9.2 and attached to
the analog voltage of the board, the max output is 8.2 volts. I'll see
what is gives when I try ot on the sherline speed control.

Otherwise, the output voltage is very linear with the ordered spindle speed.

Thanks again for pointing this out,

Geert