Hi Doug,
I've had passable luck on ebay for ball screws. Sometime you look and there is nothing and other times several good ones. Just depends. Good hunting.

Dave
On Mar 14, 2008, at 5:24 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey Doug.  Thanks for the report.  Good thoughts all.

You might look at www.McMaster.com and search for ball screws. Or attempt to put the link below back together. Their 5/8 screws are about $1.25 an inch and the nuts run $25. I used a single nut to test lash and got between 0.001 and 0.003. I know folk who used two nuts on a single shaft and a Belleville Disc Spring or two between. I don't use the bearing end blocks rather I make up my own using trailer wheel bearings.

HTH

Rayh

http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCtlgPage.aspx? ReqTyp=CATALOG&CtlgPgNbr=1083&RelatedCtlgPgs=1083,1084&term=Ball% 2bScrews&sesnextrep=453086149965954&ScreenWidth=1024&McMMainWidth=817

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am using threaded rod but it makes for a very slow machine. If anyone here has a line on good inexpensive ballscrews please let me know.