Is nothing about lazyness... is about being tired of to do something
that is supossed to work.. and it does not! again and again and again.

When going your lazy path i got the following two messages.

"Acercar linea 10 en /usr/shareaxis/images/axis.ngc: bad character "x" used"

"RTAPI:: ERROR: Unespected realtime delay on task 1
This Message will only display once per session.
Run the Latency Test and resolve before continuing"

And all lights are always ON as they are from startup.

When using the old driver/firmware on 2.2.6, at least lights went off,
then init and done turned on, this time, nothing. When using the config
samples provided by Ted Hyde, lights go off and never come back on, and
then the "Unknown Command Error".

It seems to me, that firmware is not loading at all