2 cents FWIW

The capability and openness of EMC impressed me when I was first introduced
to it and I am still impressed.  I will be preparing a large knee mill
retrofit quote with an Ajax system for a customer because, like Stuart, I
don't have the means to 'enhance' the software and I cannot support the
software.

To whomever has the intelligence, training and time, there may be others
beside myself that would be willing to pay for software enhancements and
support.  For my own sake I do not expect the cost and effort of a supplier
to be available to me for free.  I suppose the difference for me is that I
want to implement this in industry for profit (not software sales, Linux and
EMC are free, service sales for integrating the software and hardware to CNC
machines).

In the areas where I have intelligence and training businesses pay for my
time.  I would expect to pay for the services of others.

Was that worth 2 cents?

I greatly admire all the software development to date and expect to be
impressed with the improvements that are sure to come.

Have a good day,

Jim