2009/10/11 Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@gmail.com>

> [Gene gives a lesson]

Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't take all these mail and make a book out of
them. :)

But the whole discussion makes me think of another idea I had one time. Why
aren't we using optical wires?
They are cheap (cheaper than copper cables), can be extremely long and
they'll never pickup noise, and on top of that the encoder can be passive.
One fibre for light feed to the encoder, the encoder only consists of a
fibre splitter and an optical wheel. Three fibres return A/B/Index channels
and all the logic can be inside the driver.

--S